• Visite Classe 1900 - St-Girons
  • Visite Église Luzenac de Moulis
  • Visite chez les artistes - St-Girons
  • Marbre d'Aubert
  • Visite des savoir-faire
   
   

Bastide of MontjoieNot far from Saint-Lizier, the Montjoie-en-Couserans Bastide was founded in 1256 by a Treaty of Pariatge between the Couserans Bishop and Alphonse de Poitiers, Count of Poitiers and Toulouse.

The village was surrounded by square-shaped fortified walls with a tower at each angle. Two ogival-shaped doors, on the east and west side, gave access to it. Nowadays, one can admire the remains of the western towers, whereas on the east side, only the entrance door is preserved. At the time, houses were built at the foot of the walls.